Thursday, March 31, 2022

Boston Dynamics' Stretch at MODEX!

 I had a chance to attend the MODEX show this week and was pleased to see that Boston Dynamics was in attendance with their Stretch platform on full display.  I love seeing robotic products going from the prototype (work in progress) stage to the production model phase and boy is this thing a beauty.  The gray and white color choice is clean and non-threatening.  The simple geometries of the turret base and the main body are simple yet elegant.  I also love the wide and flat appearance of the turret mast that houses the vision systems.  All in all, I'm very impressed at the way the design came out and would enjoy picking the brain of the head designer(s) that produced it.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stay at the Boston Dynamics booth for long and I did not take enough pictures.  Here are the two shots that I snapped and you can watch an older video of Stretch in action below. 

Stretch from Boston Dynamics




Hopefully I'll be able to share some more goodies from the MODEX trip.  Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment